Are you planning to move houses? If so, you’re probably wondering whether you should do it on your own or hire a professional removal company. The latter solution works better in most cases. Why so? Find out how you can benefit from using the services of a moving company.
Moving houses on your own – it’s not as easy as it seems
Removal seems to be simple enough. You just have to pack your stuff and transport it to your new place, right? In theory, yes. But in practice, there are many problems you may face during the process.
Let’s start from the beginning. Are you sure you know how to secure your belongings while packing them? As long as it comes to clothing or books, there aren’t many obstacles to overcome. But what about the glassware or even your flatscreen TV? Those can be easily damaged on their way to the new flat/house. It’s not only about the risk of dropping the goods on your way to the moving van. They can break en route, too – the bumps in the road may do that if the car isn’t professionally equipped or you simply don’t know how to secure your belongings properly.
Here’s another obstacle you may not be able to overcome: time. When it’s scarce because, for instance, you have to empty the flat until the end of the week, only a professional removal company will be able to deal with it within the deadline yet still carefully enough.
Asking your friends for help also may not work as fine as it’s supposed to. Scheduling conflicts are only the beginning of the problems. The worst-case scenario is that you’ll end up having a removal party instead of removal itself.
All in all, the cost of moving by yourself may be much higher than when you do it with a removal company. It will also be more time-consuming and stressful. But at the end of the day, it’s up to you.
What are the advantages of hiring a removal company?
First of all, you may think that hiring professionals will make the process more expensive, whereas in reality, it’s quite the opposite in most cases! If you’re interested in cheap removals, do it with the movers.
Hiring a removal company:
- saves your time – you don’t have to spend tens of hours on packing, carrying and shifting your belongings. Instead, you can relax and let the experts do their job. If you hire a trusted removal company, you can just relax and be sure that your belongings are well cared for in the process,
- saves your money – the cost of removal with a specialised company may be significantly lower than when you try to do it on your own. Firstly, time is money, so you start saving because you don’t have to do the work. But that’s just the beginning. You don’t need to pay extra for the transport, nor do you have to organise a thank-you party for your friends who helped with the moving. On top of that, you can be sure that your goods won’t be damaged,
- makes the removal safer – the experts know how to pack and secure your belongings properly so that even if they are transported across Europe, they won’t be broken or damaged in any other way. Remember: good removal companies, such as Master Moving, have insurance. That means that if something goes wrong, you will be reimbursed;
- makes the process easier – with professional help, you don’t need to worry about planning the removal, finding the right car to transport the goods nor the heavy lifting. It’s all on the removal company. They’ll make sure everything goes smoothly and as fast as it is possible.
That’s why these days people refrain from moving on their own and hire specialists instead.
How to find a good and cheap removals company?
These days, it’s not difficult to find professional movers. There are many companies that provide services in that area. But before you choose, find out:
- what services they actually provide – can they pack your belongings or store them for some time, if needed?
- what are their references – look for some genuine opinions online,
- what is the cost of their service – when it comes to domestic removals, rates are better in comparison to abroad removals.
That way, you’ll find a partner you can rely on, and you’ll make sure that your removal won’t turn into a nightmare.